Sunday 5 October 2014

my soulmates ...

I'm sitting here at my laptop, browsing through tumblr as usual and I just got this sudden feeling of gratitude for the people in my life. Being here in New Zealand, I have met other people who are doing the same thing as me, being an aupair. Whenever I meet up with people I always ask them one question "so, do you miss your family and friends?" It has surprised me so much that I cannot remember more than one person saying they do. Most people say "meh, not really" or "I email them every couple weeks but I don't miss them." This shocked me so much because I am sitting here like "WOW. I miss my awesome family and my amazing friends" and it made me realize that not everyone is as lucky as I am and have amazing, supportive family and friends. Which truly makes me sad, I can't imagine that.

So I am going to do a little fun blogpost and just rave about all my friends and family because I am happy they are in my life.

I'm going to start off with my immediate family which consists of myself, my mum Jennifer, my dad Allan and my two sisters, Leah & Elyse. Now, we weren't always as close as we are now and we have definitely had our differences throughout the years but lately we have put all those things behind us and I don't think we have ever been in a better place than we are now. They are all so supportive and always there to listen to me. My parents will do just about anything to make us happy and are so kind. My sisters are my close friends and they understand my personality and how I am and accept it. Being away I have realized how much they mean to me, out of almost everyone I talk to my family the most, which I can say I honestly didn't expect that. 

My amazing Aunt and Uncle aka Jo & Steve. Now I do have other amazing aunts and uncles but I am so close with these two. They are some of the funniest people on the planet.. ex: their Facebook account for Mister Bear and they are just so fun to be around. I always think of them when I think of true love, just because they are so accepting of each other and whenever I am around they're just cute.. it's hard to explain. I love going to their house and having a nice hot tub and watching movies with them or hanging out and listening to youtube videos while getting drunk. They are so nice and supportive of me and I am grateful to be able to be so close with my aunt and uncle. 

Oh Nicole.. she is just a wonderful friend. We've been friends for almost ten years now and it all started off with taking the attendance to the office. She is so patient with me and has probably been by my side through everything. She always thinks of others first and thats one of the things I love about her. We have the type of friendship where we can just sit in the same room on our laptops and barely talk but it still is fun. I'm very glad she is in my life and cannot wait to go back home and see her! Love her x


Lacey is another person who has been my friend for years. For many years you would often find nicole, lacey and I together doing the most random stuff. We have definitely been through thick and thin and have our times where we're not super close but we always manage to come back to each other. We both have dealt with the same issues and most of the time can understand really well what the other person is going through. Thats what I love. She is an amazing person and a very talented volleyball player. Love her, oh and she's also a mermaid. 

Tessa... where do I begin? We met each other while we were in line for the 1975 in October of 2013. Who knew a year later we would basically be best friends? I mean we talk almost everyday and never seem to run out of things to say. We both just get things and are obsessed with most of the same stuff. Im so happy we met in line at the 1975 because we have become amazing friends and I am grateful to have her in my life and happy we both can rant to each other for DAYS and its always just all good. 

Devon... I love Devon so much. He is such a special person. Although he portrays himself to be a bit different on social media, I know the real Devon and he is amazing. No matter how sad I am, he can always put a smile on my face. He is so fun to be around and I don't know what I would do without him. We don't always have to talk a lot but we still know we're there for each other. 


Val <3 I first met Val properly when we were going away for a girls vacation with our friends. We instantly hit it off and have became really good friends ever since. We think the exact same way and we seem to always go through the same stuff and the same time. She is such a positive person and always inspiring me to be positive and happy and just live life the way I want to. I love her and her free spirit. 

Paige I haven't known for long either but as soon as Leah and her started hanging out, we became pretty good friends! Along with Val, Paige also is a very positive person and spreading good vibes. Whenever we're hanging out its always a good time and she reminds me not to worry so much about things. She has an amazing voice and a very talented person, awesome dancer. She pushes me to leave my comfort zone and most of the time, I appreciate it because I would have missed out on a lot of things if it weren't for her! 

Luc!! Even though we went to the same high school, we never were really friends during high school (such a shame). But we are friends now and I am so happy. Luc is such a nice guy and I feel like he doesn't have a mean bone in him! We always have a blast when we hangout and I love being in his presence. He is an amazing friend and I'm so happy we started to hangout last year. (Thanks Farina)

Farina... oh how I love her. We have been friends for a while now but clearly we never take pictures seeing as that one ^ is from 2008. Whenever I get around Farina, I get so hyper and happy and giggly. She is an amazing person and I'm so happy that we are friends because I would have hated to miss out on such an awesome friendship. She slays. YAAAS BITCH. 

Brittany is also one of Leah's friends but now my friend as well! We have actually experienced a lot together since we have been to NYC and Ireland this past year. Brittany is awesome and she has opened my eyes to a lot of things, which is one thing I love about her. She made me actually think about things and has educated me on subjects I wasn't that educated on before. She is very passionate and a good friend. I'm so happy she is in Sweden having the time of her life right now cause she deserves it!


Shauna is my friend who I met through Tessa. She, like Tessa, also loves a lot of the things I love. I think thats why we mesh so well together! Although I am not super close with her I still consider her a good friend and love talking to her about youtubers, boy bands and all that fun stuff. She is so funny and I'm happy that Tessa introduced me to her!

Last but not least, Jeremy! I met him in line for the Kodaline concert and when we both found out that we lived in Barrie, it was an amazing moment. We just started hanging out after the concert and always went for wings. He is one of a kind and crazy but a good kind of crazy. I can't wait to hangout with him when I am back in Canada because I am missing him! 

So that's it. Of course I have other amazing friends and family members but these people are my main go-to people. I think it's always important to tell the people in your life that you love, how much you love them and to do it often. You never know what may happen and it's always good to appreciate the people who are there for you. It's a great feeling knowing I have all these amazing people in my life. I don't think I could live without them! <3 Love you all xx

Lyndsay









1 comment:

  1. Don't mind me, I'll just be over here weeping! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete