Monday 15 September 2014

Gratitude

One of my favourite YouTubers, Louise recently did a blog post about gratitude which you can find here. She mentioned how having gratitude for things in your life can hugely affect your mood and make you realize the stuff you are worrying about can be silly sometimes. Now that doesn't mean that your worries aren't insignificant but I must admit, sometimes I do worry about things I really shouldn't be worrying about and forget how great my life really is. I know I can't control the way I think and how I worry about some things and get quite anxious but I am going to listen to Louise and list of a few things I am grateful for in my life.

1. My family. While being away from my family and meeting many new people, I have realize that not everyone is super close with their family and have good relationships with their parents and siblings. I am very lucky that my family are like my best friends. I am so comfortable with my parents and my sisters and will talk to them everyday, whenever I don't talk to them, I miss them so much. They are always there for me and understanding for the most part. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful family. 

2. My friends. I don't have a whole ton of friends but that is my choice; I like to think of it has quality over quantity. The friends I do have mean the world to me and are amazing friends. They will listen to me rant and rant for hours about anything. They're so caring and remind me to be confident and always look on the bright side of things. 

3. One Tree Hill. One Tree Hill may be just another teen drama to you but for me, that show has taught me so much. Whenever I am upset or stressed out about life and have time I will always slide a One Tree Hill dvd into my laptop and watch a few episodes. The writer always seems to have a way with words and that show just makes me happy and makes me think about life, in a good way. It's also a bonus that the music on that show is incredible. 

As Louise said, those are some big things.. I do have other small things I am grateful for, such as: candles, books, music, tumblr.. tumblr always makes me feel a little less alone, being able to workout, and coffee. 

I think it's good to write a list every now and then of things you are grateful for. People often forget how good life really is and all the amazing things that they have but take for granted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment