Tuesday 1 October 2013

The 1975

These past few months I have been listening to a band called the 1975. They are a band from Manchester and they are absolutely brilliant. Ever since I heard their first song, I instantly became hooked. They have a major song out right now called "Chocolate" that everyone has been talking about, which is an amazing song, though that is not the song that made me instantly love them. Their song "The City" was the first song I ever heard by them and I just thought it was absolutely wonderful. There music isn't like a typical Manchester band, it is new and refreshing. There is definitely a rock feel and some people have called them a "guitar band." On their debut album "The 1975" most of the music has a theme of love, sex and drugs. Most of the songs on their EP's are haunting but beautiful. "Girls" is one of my current favourite songs by them, their sound is so lovely, I could listen to them all day.

I'm going to see them in concert in a week and a half and I could not be more ecstatic. I reckon it will be amazing and I will fall even more in love with them than I already am. The band prefers everything in black and white, so the focus is not so much on them but focused on the music and as well, so they are "separated from reality". I really think it is a cool idea how they have done that and now they have made an image for their band. The way they are so passionate about their music and know what they want makes them even more desirable. Safe to say, I think I will be listening to them for a long time.




No comments:

Post a Comment