Wednesday 2 October 2013

Ellie Goulding

Lately I have a newfound love for british music. I'm aware a lot of classic rock bands come from the UK but I have found that within the 90's and first few years of the 2000's, people have not focused much on british singers and bands. Bands/singers from the UK are becoming big names here in Canada and America, such as Ed Sheeran, Mumford and Sons, Adele, etc. One singer I am very fond of is Ellie Goulding, her voice is as unique as you can get. Her sound can go from soft, sweet melodies to music that makes you want to get up and dance for forever. With the upbeat music in the background to the slow piano sounds, her music definitely has various styles. She has two albums and one deluxe album, called Halcyon Days. That album (Halcyon Days Deluxe) has recently come out and I can say that I do not regret that purchase at all. One song on that album that I love dearly is "I Know You Care". It is one of her slower songs but it is so incredibly beautiful.

I've found that many of her songs reach to me on a personal level and they are filled with emotion and passion, which is what I love about her music. When I start to really enjoy an artist, I often tend to watch interviews of them so I can get a feel of what they are presumably like in real life. Watching interviews of Ellie Goulding did not disappoint, as she seems like one of the most down to earth girls in the music industry. I only expect more great things to happen to her in the future and for her fan-base to increase a lot! 



-- Lyndsay

1 comment:

  1. I like this post ..inspiring some ideas for my own!

    ReplyDelete